Re: [News] Microsoft /et al/ Go for Business at Communist Vietnam

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Saturday 18 November 2006 01:04 \__

> On Friday 17 November 2006 21:09 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ----[ Quote ]
>> | "Vietnam has demonstrated to the world its capacity for quantum leaps,"
>
> I don't understand that Roy - maybe you can explain.
> I thought that quantum meant something like "the smallest discrete amount
> possible".
> Aren't quantum leaps so small that we can't measure them?

Good point. Strange choice of words. I guess he tried to sound sophisticated
by associating a company that cannot champion the 64-bit processors with
something like quantum computing.

I continue to wonder what /else/ is/was on his itinerary/agenda. I am not
anti-establishment by any means (see warning on BBC this morning), but it's
likely that he'll be meeting with government officials. Gates has already
been changing/creating IP- and/or DRM-related laws and I would not be
surprised if Thailand got 'poisoned' (mentally, approach-wise) as well. It's
a brainwash machine that only Stallman's occasional tours can rectify (he's
popular in Latin America and India it seems). But his capacity is limited
and he hasn't got private planes with many executives. Anyway...

Microsoft has officially invaded my gym... the only place where I could get
disconnected from computing. Their marketing blitz for the XBox has gone as
far as the Chartshow. Yuck.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Spam enchanted evening..."
Tasks: 142 total,   1 running, 139 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie