Re: [News] Entirely Open Source MP3 Player

begin  oe_protect.scr
> The MAKE Open Source MP3 Player @ the Holiday Gadget Guide
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| It took several iterations, but eventually, he came up with the
>| Daisy, an easy-to-build, pocket-sized mp3 player. Daisy's audio
>| quality is as good as an iPod, can access 65,000 tracks, play 48khz
>| WAV files as well as mp3s, and unlike an iPod, you can change
>| the battery.
> `----
>
> http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/11/the_make_open_s.html?CMP=OTC-0D6B48984890
> http://tinyurl.com/y8b37a

Brilliant!  One of the great things which free software will be opening
up again is that possibility for the home experimenter to really find
out how things work, and build bits and pieces.  Windows had almost put
an end to that, but free software is clearly opening these doors again.

In just seven days, I can make you a man!
		-- The Rocky Horror Picture Show