Re: Ballmer: Linux 'uses our intellectual property ..

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:38:34 +0000

> > if its in bsd/debian, there is a 99.999% chance that it's perfectly
> > safe to use.
>

> "Safe to use"? Let's not succumb to this terminology whose use
> Microsoft is trying to encourage.

debian debate daily on the license that firefox is distributed under.
thats what i mean by safe to use. the whole debian community is crisised
frequently over license issues, because they do not want any part of the
software to poison the whole distro.

> > another rule of thumb. pay no attention to this. it's only middle
> > management schmuck's to believe this crap.
>

> Upper management too, I think. They just read biased papers like the

upper management (directors) just look at the cost/profit/roi figures
that the middle management spend all week putting together in excel.
thats why the whole system sucks. they never give anything else a try.
they need a bit of swishing around in the water.

> Seattle Pie. Those Linux zealot! [sarcasm /] Microsoft comes out with
> open arms begging for interoperability. Red Hat, in turn, ignores
> them. The vanity... the vanity, I tells ya...

i dont really care about the other distros. the only flavours of unix
for me are OpenBSD and debian/ubuntu. the latter being for desktop. the
formers for network/development, well all three for development really i
guess.

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://www.usenix.org.uk
just another java person