Re: Ms/Novell deal will violate GPL 3 ..

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 17 November 2006 16:20 \__
>
>> Doug Mentohl wrote:
>>
>>> "GPL version 3 will be adjusted so the effect of the current deal is
>>> that Microsoft will by giving away access to the very patents
>>> Microsoft is trying to assert."
>>>
>>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20061116103031303
>>
>> Maybe now Torvalds will wake up.
>
> And swallow the full monty. No DRM either!

DRM? Do you mean tivoization?

GPL3 as far as I understand doesn't address *ANY* DRM issues.
What it addresses is the Tivoization of GPL software
wherein a company uses GPL software to build a product
and then protects it with a signature such that
a modified version written by a person who contributed
the GPL'd code will simply not run. Bastards!

Thats just plain sick fscks at work.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds!!!

GPL3 will put an end to that abuse.