Re: [News] The Linux Achilles Heel: Public Brainwash, Exclusion of Competition

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:22:56 +0000

> Who Is Marketing Linux?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Just look at Microsoft. I know it hurts your eyes, but just look
> | for a second.
> |
> | They pump and pump and pump and pump and pump (you get the idea)
> | money into marketing their inferior products -- whether they be
> | operating systems, orbloated office productivity suites, or game
> | consoles, or anything else they want to succeed. They convince
> | OEM manufacturers to put little stickers on all thePCs they build
> | that include little logos to prove that they are Windows compatible
> or | "built for Windows." They convince those same OEMs plus OEMs of
> other | peripheral devices to include words like "We recommend Windows
> | XP" in alltheir ads. With Vista coming out -- not even out yet --
> | they are already convincing OEMs to include stickers that say
> | "Vista Ready."
> |
> | Do you see any "Linux 2.6.x Ready" stickers coming out anytime
> | soon? Or "Ubuntu 7 Ready"? No, and do you see any Linux
> | distributors forcing OEMs to bundle Linux regardless of
> | whether the customers want it?
> `----
>
> http://www.linuxforums.org/misc/who_is_marketing_linux.html

http://s5h.net/u?52a

http://www.linux-laptop.net/

OEMS would do well to visit that site once in a while

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://www.usenix.org.uk
proud python person