Re: Yahoo and Microsoft to Support XML Sitemaps

> Reads like the same old tired double-talk to me.

> Google has had sitemaps for quite a while now.  And, all they do
> basically is totally ignore the sitemap.  The add URL feature has
> worked for years, and still works just great for me.  The sitemap is
> just a big waste of time.

As someone else pointed out somewhere else (can't be bothered to find
it, but kudos whoever you were) it opens the gates to comparative
search engine performance.

Make a change.  Upload the sitemap.  Submit the sitemap to all the
engines.

Which one has the new page indexed first?  Important metric - we could
see league tables of search engine responsiveness published weekly by,
e.g., The Register.