[News] Firm Predicts 120 Million Sony Playstati*nix Units Will be Sold by 2012

Strategy Analytics: The Pressure is on Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Research firm Strategy Analytics claims that with the PS3 now
| launching the pressure is actually on Microsoft to convince
| consumers and loyal PlayStation gamers to "switch camps."
| Ultimately, the firm sees Sony trouncing the competition with
| over 120 million units sold by 2012.
`----

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=14480

OLPC has predictions which set the bar at 300-500 million Linux laptops by
2009, IIRC. The PC as we know it is evolving.