[News] Gates' Philanthropist & Hypercompetitive Hats Intersect

The two sides of Bill Gates

,----[ Quote ]
| There were two Bill Gateses on stage Wednesday at Stanford
| University: the philanthropist, and the hypercompetitive
| Microsoft co-founder and chairman.
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-1014_3-6135997.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Those who think that the Gates Foundation is independent from Microsoft's
interests should think twice.

,----[ Quote ]
| However, the Gates Buffet foundation grant is nothing more than a shell
| game in which control of assets for both Gates and Buffet remain the same.
|
| THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE ACCUMULATION OF WEALTH BY THESE TWO WILL BE
| MUCH MORE MASSIVE BECAUSE THEY WILL NO LONGER HAVE TO PAY ANY TAXES.
`----

http://www.mail-archive.com/futurework@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg03323.html

Bill Gates lends cash to buy newspapers

$350 million to MediaNews

,----[ Quote ]
| Gates involvement has been very behind the scenes. In fact many of
| those involved in the deal didn'teven know he was one of the investors.
| It was carried out through the Gates Foundation, the world's largest
| philanthropy outfit.

Microsoft offers South Africa cheap internet connections

,----[ Quote ]
| The big idea is to provide affordable options for consumers who
| purchase Internet connectivity and a personal computer running
| Microsoft's Windows starter edition software.
`----         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Corporate Propaganda Still On the News: Study Finds Local Stations
Overwhelmingly Fail to Disclose VNRs

,----[ Quote ]
| A new study by the Center for Media and Democracy says Americans are
| still being shown corporate public relations videos disguised as news
| reports on newscasts across the country.

Wrong Yesterday Wrong Today Wrong Tomorrow

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://fixyourthinking.com/2006/11/wrong-yesterday-wrong-today-wrong.html