Re: [News] Discriminatory False Positives Ban Linux Users from WoW

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Wednesday 15 November 2006 22:09 \__

> When a WGA-type mechanism or Windows zombie spewage (SPAM) hurt the
> innocent Linux users...
>
> Linux Users Banned From World of Warcraft?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Many Cedega (formerly WINEX) users claim to have been mistakenly caught
> | up in a security sweep of the U.S. game servers performed by Blizzard's
> | World of Warcraft Game Master (GM) staff.... While diagnosis of this
> | event continues early speculation points to Blizzard's use of the Warden
> | anti-cheating spyware application that is bundled with World of
> | Warcraft...
> `----
>
> http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/11/15/1652222&from=rss
>
> Microsoft warns game developers of security risk
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Using malware or software designed to infiltrate a computer system,
> | hackers steal account information for users of MMO games and then sell
> | off virtual gold, weapons and other items for real money.
> `----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060814:MTFH51554_2006-08-14_23-45-08_N14313943&type=comktNews&rpc=44

Some clarifications posted.

http://transgaming.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7201

Notice the fact that guildmasters run Linux. I guess it's true that Linux
leads the way. *smile*

Best

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
roy      pts/0        cg001a.halls.man Mon Nov 13 14:08   still logged in