Re: [News] #1 Challenge to Linux: Microsoft Above Law

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Roy Culley ] on Wednesday 15 November 2006 23:44 \__
>
>> begin  risky.vbs
>> <1782216.jgHSiAUtjG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>> Interoperability: Is Microsoft All Talk?
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>
>> That's been MS's tactics for years. Be sued, drag it out in court and
>> then settle out of court at the last minute with a NDA. How many times
>> has Erik used this in response to posts saying MS lost this or that
>> suit? The legal system, in the USA especially, simply fails because
>> the legal process is too slow. MS know this and exploit it to the
>> utmost.
>
> Yes, but it also makes you wonder if the 'Government' turns a blind eye while
> its resident evil is vacuuming the world's wealth. It's like a father whose
> son is a criminal, but he still love him (especially if he shares the loot).

I think that the US government has been more than happy to see MS bring
revenue from all over the world into the US.  So much so that they've
been willing to put up with a monopoly in the US in order to ensure that
MS have the best chance of getting a global monopoly - it brings in
billions to the US - of course they're not going to stop it.

The problem MS now have is that as their monopoly is collapsing,
increasingly quickly in fact, their protection from their government
will collapse commensurately.

> Feds seek formal extension of Microsoft antitrust deal
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The U.S. Department of Justice and Microsoft on Wednesday filed a
>| formal application for a two-year extension of portions of their
>| landmark antitrust settlement, with the possibility of stretching it
>| until 2012.
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6111240.html

No surprises there, then.

Save gas, don't eat beans.