Re: [News] Media PWN3D by the Likes of Microsoft

Mark Kent came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment ago
in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Corporate Propaganda Still On the News: Study Finds Local Stations
>> Overwhelmingly Fail to Disclose VNRs
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| A new study by the Center for Media and Democracy says Americans are
>>| still being shown corporate public relations videos disguised as news
>>| reports on newscasts across the country.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/11/14/1518200
>>

> Unfortunately, the US lacks the legal requirement to present balanced
> information to the public from media stations as we have here, so it's a
> trivial matter for corporates and political interests to push a constant
> stream of propaganda to US citizens, and therefore, this is precisely
> what they do.
>
> This is so prevalent in the US that I don't think most US citizens are
> even aware that it's happening to them.  It's all very very 1984.
>
> <snip>

What? You don't say! Media owned by companies?? Preposterous!
<stand sideways to camera holding can of Pepsi, taking care not to obscure
can logo, then armfold pose with Swatch fashion watch clearly visible, then
high-kick stopping one inch away from camera with outsole Nike swoosh right
in front of lens>
Although... now you come to mention it... naw... just my imagination.
--
-*- Linux Desktops & Clustering Solutions -*-          http://dotware.co.uk
-*- Registered Linux user #426308 -*-                 http://counter.li.org