Re: [News] Microsoft: 5 Unpatched "Critical" Holes Can Allow Hijacker to Take Control of Windows

Charles Compton came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment
ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Microsoft warns of 5 "critical" security holes
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft Corp.  on Tuesday issued five
>> | "critical" security patches to fix flaws in its software
>> | that the company warned could allow attackers to takec
>> | ontrol of a user's computer.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061114/tc_nm/microsoft_security_dc
>>
>> Does you bank have Windows servers...? How about your hospital...?
>>
>> 5 holes.
>>
>> Critical.
>>
>> Unpatched.
>>
>> Exploits 'in the wild'.
>
> How come just about every security alert that I see has "Allowing
> attackers to take control of the system"
>
> Microsoft, please place some better security holes in your system...like
> anytime someone goes to the www.getfirefox.com website they attacked by
> big blue E's jumping from their desktop.
>
> Charles~

Last time a big blue E jumped out at me I was in a nightclub.
I don't remember too much about that night after that...

--
-*- Linux Desktops & Clustering Solutions -*-          http://dotware.co.uk
-*- Registered Linux user #426308 -*-                 http://counter.li.org