Re: [News] Only 20 Percent of IT Decision Makers Will Deploy Vista Next Year

  • Subject: Re: [News] Only 20 Percent of IT Decision Makers Will Deploy Vista Next Year
  • From: Charles Compton <Charles.Compton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 23:57:48 -0600
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Handover Phist wrote:
On 2006-11-15, Charles Compton <Charles.Compton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
How quickly will businesses adopt Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6134635.html
,----{(Fake?) News Report}
|In responce Microsoft has announced that they are no longer allowing |documents written in Microsoft Office 2007 to be readable by any |previous versions. Microsoft Office 2007 will only be available on |Vista.

|(Under the table news announcement: Larger businesses will roll out |Vista to be trendy and if other businesses want to be able to do |
|business smoothly with them they will be forced to upgrade as well.)

I can see it happening...

I'm calling fake. That would be a really stupid move on Microsofts part, and they aren't that stupid.

I'm sorry, I wrote that "Fake" news report. I agree I don't think they will either, I just felt it was in line with previous monopolistic business practices.

The only reason it wouldn't be fake, is if they actually did it ;)

Otherwise, yes it's fake.

Charles~