[News] Many Projects Suddenly Going Open Source

Sun Microsystems seems to have set an example (with impending plans to
open-source Solaris as well).

Network Configuration Management Goes Open Source with ZipTie

,----[ Quote ]
| Network management software vendor AlterPoint on Nov. 14 will
| release portions of its code, contributing to the development of
| open-source network management.

Big In Japan Open Sources RSS Tools, ElfURL

,----[ Quote ]
| Dallas, Texas based social media consultancy Big in Japan has announced
| that it's open sourcing the code to several of its very handy little
| web tools.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/11/14/big-in-japan-open-sources-rss-tools-elfurl/
http://tinyurl.com/yzml55

DriverPacks.net project going open source

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of you thought this project was dead due to inactivity in
| the last weeks. Well, now you know this isn't true.
|
| I've been making the preparations to make this project open source.
`----

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=891

I have seen a few more earlier today. Let's not forget Adobe Flash stepping
in the right direction with Mozilla last week...