Re: Speculation: Microsoft Will Sell Linux

"Darth Chaos" <DarthChaosofRSPW@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Microsoft will probably start selling/distributing linux soon
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | My thought process finally took me to the one place I didn't want to
>> | go... Its the thought that Microsoft will soon bundle Suse linux with
>> | one of its own products.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.royans.net/rant/2006/11/13/microsoft-will-probably-start-sellingdistributing-linux-soon/
>>
>> Microsoft already uses Linux 'in house'. SUSE could be its path to suing
>> (unsuccessfuly, of course) others without jeopardising itself (shooting self
>> in foot).
>
> Oh man...what if Microsoft buys Linspire? Wouldn't surprise me, since a
> lot of people speculate that Microsoft actually owns Linspire in
> secret.

That would make sense. Ship real cheap PCs with Linspire on. Market them
as the "best multimedia experience on Linux" and , 1 week later, watch
Mom & Pop queuing for refunds as little Jimmy picks his new Windows PC
so he can play World of Warcraft without a PhD in OpenGL and WINE cfg.