Re: [News] Linux Screencasts Made Easy in Ubuntu

Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 20:13:34 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>> Now, would you like to try responding again, but honestly this time?
>>
>> Sorry about that. I pasted the link from the previous post.
>>
>> http://popey.com/Creating_Screencasts
>
> That makes more sense, although I think we differ on the meaning of "easy".
> A 12 page how-to with numerous steps and command line arguments doesn't fit
> my definition.

I think this about sums up how "easy" it is:

,----
| I've been tinkering with screencasting for nearly a year now but only
| recently has everything come together in such a way that I find it easy
| to make the screencasts.
`----

This followed by 9 pages of instructions to extremely obscure
"tools" such as but not limited to:

qemu avidemux ffmpeg2theora audacity xvidcap

Undoubtedly powerful stuff. But also longwinded and difficult to
remember.