[News] Windows Security Costs Shoppers, Shops

T'is the season to be ripped off...

,----[ Quote ]
| Online fraudsters are gearing up for the massive increase in consumer
| online shopping due to take place over the festive season. One in 10
| holiday shoppers can expect some form of spyware, adware, or other
| internet attack as they conduct transactions on the web, according
| to net security firm PC Tools.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/13/xmas_safe_shopping/

Mentioned before (Inquirer), but still worth stressing. This is costing the
economy and (quite unjustifiably) reduces people's confidence in computers.
I hear people asking if others can access their data... it's almost assumed
with Windows and its back doors.