Re: [News] Windows PC: $2,733; Linux PC: $299

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Sunday 12 November 2006 13:37 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ 7 ] on Sunday 12 November 2006 11:49 \__

>>> One easy way is RSS from news sites.
>>> The other is to go to google and news section and enter Linux and
>>> a whole bunch of current news on Linux turns up.
>>
>> This particular one I found in a Digg search that's delivered as an RSS
>> feed. The number of users (about 600,000) makes it an treasure trove of
>> information . Aggregating the aggregators and using a mental filter seems
>> like the key to finding stories before the emerge in mainstream sites like
>> Slashdot. Speed counts a lot, in my humble opinion, because once you have
>> seen a story in source X, seeing a story Y that's similar to X (or expends
>> on X) is pointless.
>>

> Personally, I'm finding all these links by reading cola - it's really
> useful, please keep up the good work!

I began "expanding" (yes, spelled corectly this time) when Peter K said it
would be welcomed.

These odd typos I have no explanation for. I guess "expending" in the context
of money had the spellchecker 'paralysed' and my mind unsuspecting. I wrote
"pendants" [1] in the subject line the other day and even "virtualisation"
instead of "visualisation". The latter is a vocal thing (mind speaks and
fingers tap), but the latter is just about keytyping patterns (pending,
pendulum...). Have you tried typing "weird" or "conceive" without slowing
down or proofreading..?

Best wishes,

Roy

[1]
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=site%3Aschestowitz.com+pedant&btnG=Search

0 hits.

http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=site%3Aschestowitz.com+pedant&btnG=Search

14 hits.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
Cpu(s):  19.4% user,   2.6% system,   1.1% nice,  76.8% idle