Re: [News] Apple Adds Restrictions to 'Open Source' Kernel

> Apple modifies Public Source License to thwart hackers
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Semantics aside, the changes quoted in the forum reflect the application
> | of another fine-toothed comb to what users are not allowed to do with
> | the source they download from Apple's site. Too bad; with Vista
> | receiving mixed reviews, I'm sure Michael Dell would still be
> | interested in offering customers a better choice.
> `----
>
> http://www.tuaw.com/2006/11/11/apple-modifies-public-source-license-to-thwart-hackers/
> http://tinyurl.com/yabd2b
>
> Meanwhile, the FSF adds further clarifications that encourage openness and
> freedom (possibly motivated by the Novell blunder).

You people are fucking idiots.

Open Source DOES NOT MEAN GPLED CODE.  NEITHER DOES IT MEEN FREEBSD LICENSED, OR
ANY PARTICULAR LICENSING.  It means you get to look at the source code for free,
and thats all it means.

Licensing on top of that is a completely separate issue.

So stop fucking confusing 'open source' with 'gpl' like a bunch of morons.

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net