Re: [News] Microsoft Turns to Third Party for Vista Security

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 15:49:08 -0600, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 16:22:29 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Allchin still argues or implies that anti-virus is not essential, practically
>> sticking it to vendors like Symantec and McAfee and suggesting parents to
>> expose an already-fragile Vista.
>
> Gee, Roy.  I'm noticing a distinctly hysterical tone to your articles in
> the last day or two.  You seem to be getting upset and are over
> compensating.  Why the fear?

As Vista looms closer, the Linux pundits are beginning to realize that
their 5 year party at the expense of Windows XP is coming to an end.

Linux has had all this time to improve it's desktop market presence yet
the reality is that Linux has done virtually nothing to improve it's
presence which, even after 5 or so years still sits at far less than 1
percent.

So, it's no wonder people like Roy are flailing their arms all over the
place trying to make one last ditch effort at discrediting Microsoft.

Vista is going to be the final nail in Linux's desktop coffin and they
know it.
Linux will continue to exist as a niche player in the desktop wars.