[News] Microsoft Fights the Internet While the Net Takes Over

Online video 'eroding TV viewing'

,----[ Quote ]
| The online video boom is starting to eat into TV viewing time, an ICM
| survey of 2,070 people for the BBC suggests.

Context:

Gates: Internet Bubble Is Back

,----[ Quote ]
| "We're back kind of in Internet-bubble era in terms of people
| thinking: 'O.K., traffic. We want traffic. We want traffic,'"
| Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates said. "There are still some areas
| where it is unclear what's going to come out of that."
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/OXeSW60uKg5mvA/Gates-Internet-Bubble-Is-Back.xhtml

"The Internet? We are not interested in it" -- Bill Gates, 1993

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talk:Bill_Gates

Gates warns of return to Internet bubble era

,----[ Quote ]
| Bill Gates, the co- founder of Microsoft, warned Thursday against
| the rush to new Web-based software services, likening the frenzy to
| the days of the 1990s Internet bubble...."There are a hundred
| YouTube sites out there," Gates said during an interview with a
| group of journalists in Brussels before a speech to European
| lawmakers....Although he did not mention the subjects in detail
| during his speech, Microsoft executives distributed a series of
| position papers during his visit calling for progress on a unified
| European patent system, support for a proposed European Technology
| Institute, and increased funding of research and development in
| European countries.
`----

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/09/yourmoney/msft.php

Will Web 2.0 ultimately kill Windows?