Re: [News] Vista Reveals Another Wrinkle

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Vista unable to stream, convert CableCARD media
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | So, recap: no streaming, Windows Media Connect is null, and no
> | conversion and syncing to your portable; don't be surprised if before
> | the cable industry and CableLabs is through Microsoft further panders by
> | disabling the fast-forward button in the expectation that you'll
> | sit patiently through the recorded commercials.
> `----

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/25/vista-unable-to-stream-convert-cablecard-media/

Today out of curiosity during break, I asked several of my coworkers about
Vista.  Interestingly enough, they had a "ho-hum" attitude.  One cited
driver availability concerns.  Another expressed a lack of desire to
upgrade hardware.  One expressed a desire to learn more about Linux.  I am
making him a DVD copy.  Yes, and it is legal.

Roy, you know one thing I find amazing is this is real world situ.  The
revolution has already started.  Linux has won.

--
HPT