Re: [News] Nokia, Symbian and the Move Toward Open Source

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Monday 27 November 2006 06:04 \__

>  Lee Epting: S60, Open Source and Tools

Oops.

http://www.symbianone.com/content/view/3962/

"Open source is an excellent route to achieving this. Hopefully it will
happen, when it does developers and content providers will be able to write
to a single core technology.

With Python we saw a new class of developer that would benefit from access to
S60, and it's certainly been a very interesting opportunity for Nokia. Of
course the code is open source and we have seen many Python developers
taking advantage of the S60 code.

So in these cases it was not open source alone that drove our decisions; we
chose what was right for the platform."