[News] Google to Inherit Microsoft's Position?

Can Google trump Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's "frontal assault" to Microsoft Office is Google Apps
| Enterprise Edition and Google is indeed waging warfare against Microsoft.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/micro-markets/index.php?p=697

Also today:

November 25 - Microsoft Dies

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://globa-tech.blogspot.com/2006/11/november-25-microsoft-dies.html

,----[ Quote ]
| Schmidt's favorite saying is "Don't bet against the Internet." What he
| is really saying, however, is don't bet against Google.
`----

Gates FUD's what threatens him...

        Gates: Internet Bubble Is Back

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/OXeSW60uKg5mvA/Gates-Internet-Bubble-Is-Back.xhtml

        Gates warns of return to Internet bubble era

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/09/yourmoney/msft.php

        "The Internet? We are not interested in it" -- Bill Gates, 1993

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talk:Bill_Gates

Microsoft acknowledge that it must evolve though.

Ozzie: Vista, Office must adapt to Web era

,----[ Quote ]
| Ozzie said that the transition to integrate online services into Microsoft
| products has been a challenge but that changes within the company are
| happening.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6133895.html

Related:

Desperate Acts (of Microsoft)

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is expected to spend $650 million next year to let the world
| know it has a shiny new search service and Web advertising network.
| That money is more than double the amount Microsoft will spend rolling
| out Vista, the new operating system that will contribute vastly more to
| its revenues.
|
| Microsoft's two-year catch-up effort in search has yielded only
| middling results. This year it dropped from 11% to 9% of all searches.
| Google handled 61% of the 204 billion searches worldwide in the past1
| 2 months.
|
| "We're late to the game. We admit it," confesses a full-page Microsoft
| ad in national papers, begging the world to try out its new Live
| search service. You almost want to hand Chief Executive Steven Ballmer
| a cup of cocoa.
|
| [...]
|
| Think of this fight as determining a few decabillion dollars of market
| value circa 2010. The current figures are $147 billion for Google and $284
| billion for Microsoft.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2006/1127/044a_print.html

MSN Still Going Nowhere Fast

,----[ Quote ]
| It is worth noting that Microsoft still hasn't made any headway
| in the search-and-portal game and, in fact, is falling farther and
| farther behind. As a result, it is not surprising that Steve Ballmer
| is now warning media companies that Google is the Evil Empire --
|        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| because no other competitive tactic has worked.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/061116/20767_id.html?.v=1

Google, Ask Gain Search Share; Yahoo, Microsoft Lose Ground

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/061020/18896_id.html?.v=1

Google vs. Microsoft Market Cap Game

,----[ Quote ]
| Interesting seeing how Google's market capitalization has chased
| Microsoft's since Google's IPO. We have seemingly plateaued at a
| little under 60% for a year now, but any takers on bets with
| respect to how long that holds?
`----

http://paul.kedrosky.com/archives/2006/11/21/google_vs_micro.html

ComScore: Google Leads Again In Search