[News] Compaq: Got Virus, Buy More Software

Compaq: Buy ANOTHER os because of virus

,----[ Quote ]
| well appreantly this is a known fraud. the quickrestore cd is a freesbie.
| it contains NOTHING exept a bat file that intitiate an install from the
| hard drive!!!, they advertise you get a windows xp home with your pc but
| they dont actually give you the cd. they only preinstall it and you pay
| for a serial. this isnt the meaning of OEM.
`----

http://sickofmusic.com/2006/11/24/compaq-buy-another-os-because-of-virus/

When I bought a Compaq in 1999 I actually received the Quickrestore CD's _as
well as_ the original Windows 98 CD. This may have changed since...