Re: [News] Bringing Visual Basic to Linux is a Mistake

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Why are we bringing VB to Linux?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Projects are appearing that attempt to bring Visual Basic clones to
> | Linux. Marc Boorshtein, a former VB programmer, thinks this is am
> | istake, and that we should be innovating with what we already have
> | instead of spending time working at emulating what he considers
> | a technological dead end.
> `----
>
> http://www.webdotdev.com/nvd/server-side/visual-basic
why-are-we-bringing-vb-to-linux.html

I don't buy this argument at all.
It doesn't have to be a clone (agreed), but its got to be
the easiest developer friendly GUI IDE around.
You are under pressure in commercial environments
to deliver GUI applications rapidly
and there is no excuse if you can't deliver.

Gambas has helped me a lot.
http://gambas.sourceforge.net/
Its unfscking believably nice compared to VB and its crash
prone developer enironment.