Re: [News] Internet Explorer 7 May Reveal All Your Rasswords to the World, Too

> Most. Secure. Browser. Ever. How come the random troll (Jack Horkheimer
> Jr.)
> only mentioned Firefox?
>
> Firefox, IE vulnerable to fake login pages?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Mozilla's Firefox 2 and Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 are vulnerable
> to a
> | flaw that could allow attackers to steal passwords.
> `----
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6137844.html
>
> Tell the full story. It would not be surprising if almost every browser is
> affected by this 'trick', which works in a limited set of bad Web sites.
> It
> has been grossly overstated. Dramatic licence.

    I haven't read too many of your more recent posts, so I'm not sure if
you've improved in this respect, Roy, but in the past, I've found you would
often take quotes from a relatively neutral (Linux-vs-Windows wise) article
and turned it into a pro-Linux one (or an anti-Microsoft one). Accusing
people of not telling the full story seems a bit hypocritical.

    See the subject line of this post for an example of emphasizing the
anti-Microsoft side, instead of a more neutral "[News] Web browsers may
reveal all your passwords to the world".

    - Oliver