[News] Linux and Open Source Gift Ideas

The Open source gift guide - Open source hardware, software and more for the
holidays

,----[ Quote ]
| There are hundreds of gift guides this holiday season filled with junk
| you can buy - but a lot of time you actually don't own it, you can't
| improve upon it, you can't share it or make it better, you certainly
| can't post the plans, schematics and source code either.
`----

http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/11/the_open_source_1.html

Related:

Give the Gift of Pre-Installed Linux This Year

,----[ Quote ]
| With Christmas around the corner, you'll be glad to know that
| you can check out over 100 vendors around the globe who offer
| desktop and notebook computers with GNU/Linux pre-installed.

Giving the Gift of Ubuntu Linux for Christmas?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/06/11/04/0611256.shtml