Re: [News] Apple Sidles with Blu-ray (Sony, PS3, Linux)

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Blu-ray-equipped Macs currently tracking for February
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| While Sony is working feverishly to secure every Blu-ray drive it can
>| for the PlayStation 3, sources report talks with Apple have the
>| computer maker scheduled to receive the first Blu-ray drives
>| for Macs in February.
> `----
>
> http://www.thinksecret.com/secretnotes/0611bluraynote.shtml
>
> This will help make the PS3 more marketable and the XBox360 less marketable.
> Apple has identified its main rival.

It'll depend on PS3 sales, although I have to say that Apple's
popularity is rising astonishingly quickly.  Apple've always had a good
following amongst artisitic folk, teachers, academics and medics
(they're academics without the aca!).

I wonder if Microsoft have anything in the pipeline to take on the PS3?

Love means nothing to a tennis player.