Re: [News] WorkStation 3 Gets Community Web Site (Wiki)

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 23 November 2006 13:19 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On Wednesday 22 November 2006 19:52 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> PsLinux.org, Linux on the Playstation 3
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.pslinux.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
>>
>> Can anybody put that into English for me?
>> i.e. just roughly, what is it equivalent to in terms of a PC?
>>

> As it's a quite different architecture, I don't know whether you
> can get a meaningful comparison.  On the one hand, though, as it's a
> current-technology gaming platform, it'll be at least equivalent to a
> top-end gaming machine from the last couple of years.

The official Linux distro (not FC5 from Fedora enthusiasts) comes out on the
27th, IIRC. It would be intersting to see if it plays nice with printers and
such...

Jusging by the age of PS3 fans, it'll just be firmware for games and Linux
for pr0n.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    The most satisfying eXPerience is UNIX
Cpu(s):  20.4% user,   2.9% system,   1.1% nice,  75.6% idle