Re: [News] Sales in Microsoft's 'Hardware Department' Continue to Fall

On 2006-11-22, amicus_curious <ACDC@xxxxxxx> posted something concerning:

>> Dell's PC sales keep falling in Q3
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | PC sales dropped significantly to $4.7bn from $5.1bn last year. Dell's
>> | PC business has been a sore spot in recent quarters, as the company
>> | struggles to generate much desktop excitement.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/21/dell_q3_pre/
>>

> Dell's report was very well received by investors today.  DELL was up almost
> 10% with high praise from all the major financial reporters.  I don't think
> that this Register outfit has a very good understanding of business.
> Apparently very few people listened to their story.

http://quicktake.morningstar.com/Stock/Diagnostics.asp?Country=USA&Symbol=DELL&stocktab=interpret
http://tinyurl.com/yf8lrw

Stocks don't always go up for good performance. They also go up when
performance isn't as bad as expected. Or when certain structutral
changes take place within a company. Sometimes on an acquisition or a
selloff. Or even when performance is better than competitors manage.

One day does not a trend make. I wouldn't even trust a few days, or a
week, to be a sign of pleasant times ahead absent some supporting
information.

--
Are you scared of speed? Then try Windows.