[News] Licence Violation and Corruption of the "Open Source" Term/Buzzword

TrueCrypt License violation

,----[ Quote ]
| I have come across a commercial product that appears to use truecrypt
| without disclosing this information, or making source code available.
| The software in question is available at mightykey.com from a companyc
| alled atomynet, and a free trial can be downloaded.
`----

http://forums.truecrypt.org/viewtopic.php?t=4708

Are SugarCRM, Socialtext, Zimbra, Scalix and others abusing the term "open
source?"

,----[ Quote ]
| The next time you see the phrase "open source" used in association with
| some software, be advised that you'll need to take that claim with a
| grain of salt.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/index.php?p=3430&tag=nl.e589

Mentioned before in a different context. They wish to 'join the club' without
giving enough in return (visibility).

Related (today and yesterday alone):

AJAX and 2.0 madness

,----[ Quote ]
| Web 2.0 has a lot to answer for. Why, incidentally, is it not simply Web 2?
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2006/11/21/ajax_2dotoh/

FSFE Becomes the Legal Guardian of the Bacula Project

,----[ Quote ]
| Shane Coughlan summarises "our mission is to help individuals, projects
| and businesses who develop and use Free Software. The Bacula assignment
| is the first step in our larger fiduciary programme. We are looking
| forward to welcoming other projects on board."
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/Application/FSFE_Becomes_the_Legal_Guardian_of_the_Bacula_Project

The Devil In The Code: Vendors Vet For Open-Source Compliance

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.channelweb.com/sections/allnews/article.jhtml?articleId=195200007&cid=ChannelWebNews