Re: [News] The Latest Windows Mobile Disappoints Reviewer

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Review of Windows Mobile 6.0 for PPC (Crossbow) operating system
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Regrettably, this world lacks miracles and this case is just another
> | proof of that. The system still doesn?t offer support for several
> | active windows in Internet Explorer, so that you are limited to a
> | single window at a time, also profiles are missing in WM; the office
> | applications haven?t been enhanced either. Nor were the multimedia
> | tools. What the company has really got to do is keep on tuning
> | Office Mobile, extending Windows Live, release Windows Media Mobile
> | 11 and so on.
> `----
>
> http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/articles/wm-crossbow-en.shtml

Opera is the best browser for mobiles and pda's. It retains the tabbed
browsing and session capabilities. Sites that require several pages to
remain open, such as a main page and sub pages for chat and forums, work
well in Opera on my PDA. Just occasionally a site (or part of a site) will
fail, this is because java isn't fully implemented in these devices.

> Related:
>
> Microsoft doesn't deny Windows Mobile flaw
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft has refused to deny that the most recent version of
> | Windows Mobile leaves data poorly secured on handsets.
> `----
>
> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/0,1000000085,39284532,00.htm

I haven't been hit with a pda virus yet, but I can understand it being
possible from hotel and airport links. Because although with the one I use
I have to log in to through the web browser (so that they can charge me), I
have to have a profile with no security switched on to connect.