[News] Windows Collapses on Laptop, So User Migrates to Linux

Ubuntu Rescued My Laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| A few weeks ago I started seeing the "Blue Screen of Death" on my Sony
| Vaio PCG-K35 laptop every 10 minutes or so, making the computer nothing
| more than an overpriced 7 lb. brick.
|
| [...]
|
| This weekend while driving to South Carolina to meet with my fiance's
| brother (who also happens to be a minister and is going to marry us),
| I installed the Ubuntu Linux 6.10 (Edgy Eft) distribution that Id
| ownloaded and burnt to CD on my desktop.
`----

http://www.jccommerce.com/2006/11/21/ubuntu-rescued-my-laptop/

the latter part shows the 'network effect'. This viral nature is what leads
to exponential growth.

Related:

Linux desktop domination "just a matter of time"

,----[ Quote ]