Re: [News] The Cost of Downtimes

On 2006-11-21, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> British businesses lose £1bn to email downtime
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| An average small to medium-sized company in the UK suffers four
>| e-failures (where email per incident is down for more than half a
>| working day) per year.
> `----
>
> http://www.computing.co.uk/computing/news/2169146/email-downtime-proves-costly
>
> Also see:
>
> http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2006/10/07/rackspace_most_reliable_hoster_in_september.html
>
> All Linux. Where are the rest?
>
> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/01/09/exchange-servers-failure/

My customers who run Exchange have high failure rates as well, and many
are asking about a Postfix or Sendmail frontend to keep the mail moving
in times of failure. I'm working on a Postfix/Squirrelmail combination
at home and am thinking about making something robust enough to replace
those systems with, while still keeping the end-user experience similar
enough to cause minimal ripples.

Has anyone done this or have suggestions?

--
My family history begins with me, but yours ends with you.
		-- Iphicrates

http://www.websterscafe.com