Re: [News] Red Hat Rejects Mono (.Net)

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:56:50 +0000
<1217269.IJ0j888Coq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Red Hat Doesn't Want Mono
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | There are a lot of great new programs and innovations expected
> | in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. The Novell-led Mono project isn't
> | one of them.
> `----
>
> http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3644981
>
> I hope that Ubuntu (Canonical) follows suit. Some say that Mono, if not
> OpenOffice as well, is a/the legal landmine.

What would they use in its stead?  Java?  PHP?  Tclets? :-)

There's a certain attractiveness to Gtk# though I've not studied
it in detail but otherwise I do have to agree; with our luck
Microsoft has already applied for a patent to .NET technology,
or a critical part thereof.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux.  Because it's not the desktop that's
important, it's the ability to DO something
with it.