Re: [News] Motorola'w New O/S is Based on Linux and Java

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Previewing the Motorola ROKR e2 JavaLinux OS
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Motorola is testing out their innovative new operating system in
> | the ROKR e2, but how does this menu setup stack up against the
> | competition? Is this JavaLinux system an improvement over the old
> | interface?
> `----
>
> http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/340/C9967/

In fairness (if any is due) to Marvell; their hands are tied because
the 88W8388's firmware contains a third party Microkernel, and it is
*that* which is proprietary.

It'd be interesting to see who's Microkernel it is. I've searched the
OLPC Devel mailing list, and information seems very sparse. Why does
everything in the proprietary world need to be so bloody James Bond?

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

.----
| Gates' Law: Every 18 months, the speed of software halves.
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5
 19:14:12 up 114 days, 19:31,  3 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.50, 0.64