[News] It's Official: Microsoft "Not a Techology Company"

Sony Exec: "Microsoft Is Not a Technology Company"

,----[ Quote ]
| Once upon a time Sony was untouchable. The company
| seemed indestructible--like it had patented the formula for success.
| The company of late has had tough times, but things are looking up.
`----

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/sony/sony-exec-microsoft-is-not-a-technology-company-206399.php

I guess they do well at marketing [1] and law. Development is delegated to
other manufacturers (e.g. Zune-Toshiba) and software snatched through
takeovers [2].

This is relevant to Linux because Sony bets on Linux -- the platform where
real development and innovation takes place (and always have) -- with its
next-generation consoles.

___
[1] http://youtube.com/watch?v=fj3FOHc-fgA  (GooTube Flash)

[2]