Re: [News] Vista to take hard stand against piracy

"Oliver Wong" <owong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> "Mark Kent" <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> Whereas Mr Wong just posts Windows and Microsoft advocacy here, with no
>> pretence of on-topic posting at all.  Just how does that qualify him to
>> criticise the postings of the on-topic crowd, I wonder?
>
>     There are two lies here, Mark.
>
>     (1) I do not just post "Windows and Microsoft advocacy here". In fact, I
> do not advocate Windows nor Microsoft at all; I merely defend them. There's
> a difference: I do not encourage you to switch to Microsoft products at all.
> If you are happy with Linux, then by all means stick with it. But if
> you

Mark is strange. He reads selectively and contrary to whats staring him
in the face he makes proclamations at odds with all the evidence at
hand. In that respect he is as bad, if not worse, than Pete KÃhlmann.

He sees himself as some arch deacon of Linux advocacy, yet all he does
is kiss Roy's ass and (incorrectly) label people as "Wintrolls".

He appears to have little, if anything, to do with the computer business
and comes across as such an intellectual lightweight that I often wonder
if he isn't a reverse troll in the pay of Microsoft.

> have been misinformed about Windows, or if you are misinforming others about
> Windows, I will correct you. And anyway, I have made several pro-Linux
> posts:
>
>        *
> http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/19239b49e4b66c9c
>        *
> http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/0732a46a4ebcd580
>        *
> http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e979e738fbdf3621
>        etc.
>
>     (2) I'm not criticizing the postings of the on-topic crowd. This implies
> that I select a specific crowd (e.g. the on-topic crowd), and then critize
> their posts, regardless of their contents. Rather, I'm criticizing the off
> topic posts, regardless of who makes them.
>
>     For example, I'm critizing this post of yours, Mark, not because I feel
> you've been particularly "on topic" these last few months (in fact, I don't
> think I've ever seen you write anything positive about Linux, but then
> again, I don't read every post you make), but because it contains
> lies.

He hasn't. He posts the odd "me too" reply in order to schill Roy's
rubbish, but remains remarkably silent where true advocacy and realistic
appraisal of Linux's strengths and weaknesses are involved.

--
"If you want to travel around the world and be invited to speak at a lot
of different places, just write a Unix operating system."