Re: Joe Turner ... Hacker Monk

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> For old DOS games you can get reliable emulators that will also regulate the
> speed. It's nice to have the same 'bridge' available for GNU/Linux in
> non-binary form. And the same goes for gaming consoles and Palm applications
> that you can no longer run on modern devices for whatever reason (backward
> compatibility isn't perfect).

Just be sure to check the ROMS are legal.

> I still remember EGA. At the time, my perception said that there were two
> classes (representative of prestige or value) to computers. There was
> CGA

Perception? Two classes of computer? Eh?

> (my first PC), EGA, and VGA. EGA had 8 colours IIRC while CGA had 4. And I
> had a switch at the back of the monitor that allowed me to go into green
> monochrome mode. Funky stuff, but it made the eyes hurt... *smile*

EGA had 16 from 64 with pallette switching.

I would love to know if Green and Amber monitors did save peoples eyes?
They were certainly the monitor of choice for Accountancy departments
and for playing "real" Space Invaders.

--
Use only in a well-ventilated area.