Re: [News] Vista Security - More Void Promises from Microsoft

z wrote:

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

They assumed that viruses are platform-independent and it's unfortunate
that few people are even aware of the concept of platforms. When I ask
customers what operating system they use, the best answer I should expect
or get is "XP" (note: no "Windows"). And this comes from seemingly
educated people...

Even worse is when you let someone use your computer and they say, "Where's the Internet?" (meaning the blue "e")

I don't why they have problems...the blue "e" brings up firefox on my systems (where it (the blue e) hasn't been removed...talking of which, I note that in the Add/Remove Windwos programs of the XP machine I recently purchased[1], there is an option to "remove IE..." that, unlike other remove options adds "...access from the desktop/menu".

[1] last weekend - I will be installing Linux on it a soon as I have time to get an appropriate version; until then it's remaining in quarantine from the web as, unfortunately, I will most likely be needing Windwos for a course I intend to take next year.