Re: Life without a Window Manager

flatfish+++ wrote:
On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 02:16:09 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

__/ [ Linonut ] on Friday 06 October 2006 00:41 \__

After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Culley belched out this bit o' wisdom:

begin  risky.vbs
<l56dnXY_4KETc7nYnZ2dnUVZ_tSdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxx> writes:
Man, last night XFce blew up in my face!

[snip]

Turns out there was no xfwm4 (window manager) running!  WTF?

I look around in .config/xfce4, but could not find anything to fix.
Why didn't you just run the xfce (or any) wm from a terminal window. A
wm is just an X client albeit a rather special one.
I did that, but no go.  But I had the wrong args anyway:

   xfwm4 --sm-client-id 11c0a86d12000109923752900000003540000 --display
   :0.0

All is well, though.  Actually a little better as it seems a wee bit
faster.

Next time I'll do better forensics!
That's why they call it "beta" and advice that you only install it on your
test machine (or test CMS or whatever). *smile*

And there it is ladies and germs. The classic Linux user excuse.

"It's beta/free what do you expect?"

... yup, that's microsoft's position.

FWIW the entire Linux system can be considered beta, for the most part anyway.

You're either stupid or a liar. ... so have you told textstar his distro is nothign but beta stuff?

BTW why are you always *smiling* at guys? Are you homosexual?

Why are you such a cunt?

Hope you get this sorted out...

--
Rick