Re: Vista gonna destroy computers?

  • Subject: Re: Vista gonna destroy computers?
  • From: Hadron Quark <qadronhuark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 11:28:30 +0200
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:MgqlcxkuLv0GiM4D//xaNeLSJtc=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> __/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Friday 06 October 2006 00:00 \__
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Handover Phist
>> <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Thu, 05 Oct 2006 21:36:38 GMT
>> <slrneiaulm.5bs.jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> hym3n_h0l0c4$t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :

>>> That cant be right. Even MS knows they dont have rights to the hardware,
>>> just the software.
>>
>> Why would they want such? :-)  Hardware is a lower-margin business.
>
> ...Wasn't there some issue with IBM over a decade ago? Rex happened to have
> mentioned damage at hardware-level, which by the way is
> possible. Whether

Yes Roy. We know. Jesus.

> it's a possibility /here/ I very much doubt it. The compensation/lawsuits
> over other hardware, e.g. XBox 360, were suffieciently damaging. They even
> encourages Microsoft to *gasp* merge a few divisions for financial purposes
> (reports), as means of hiding/mitigating the scale of failure and keep up
> appearances for that next press/investor's conference.

When accessing HW directly its always possible to damage it : whether by
bus contentions or overclocking.

Nothing rocket science about it.

MS will not be damaging peoples HW on purpose if they have no
license. Is this thread for real?

--
"All language designers are arrogant.  Goes with the territory..."
(By Larry Wall)