Re: [News] Rumour Mill: The "Open Source Fraud" (Intel) to Buy NVidia

__/ [ ed ] on Thursday 05 October 2006 14:42 \__

> On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 14:32:05 +0100
>
>> Nvidia shares surge amid takeover speculation
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Nvidia Corp. shares climbed more than 8 percent on Wednesday amid
>> | speculation the graphics chipmaker could be acquired by Intel Corp.,
>> | traders said.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061004/tc_nm/nvidia_stocks_dc
>>
>> If this ever becomes a reality, let us hope they don't 'contaminate'
>> the drivers.
>
> If anyone buys NVidia I hope it's AMD or Novel ;)

[wink taken into account /]

Alas, AMD has already got ATi which is intended to compete with NVidia and
yet another company that was recently acquired by H-P.

As for Novell, their capita makes it /highly/ improbably.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=novl

And, of course, they don't do hardware, so there's no potential for
penetration through integration.