Re: [News] Redmond Pretends Linux is Not a Threat

On 2006-10-05, Hadron Quark <qadronhuark@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> __/ [ B Gruff ] on Thursday 05 October 2006 12:28 \__
>>
>>> On Thursday 05 October 2006 01:44 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
[deletia]
>> "Ballmer said Linux is not gaining as much share against Windows as naysayers
>> once predicted. The Linux desktop has gone nowhere and Linux server sales
>> have peaked, he claimed... One open source consultant dismissed Ballmer's
>> contention, and said Linux' momentum is not over."
>>
>> http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/breakingnews.jhtml?articleId=188703264&cid=CRNBreakingNews
>>
>> Needless to say, that's utter BS from the mouth of the
>> FUDMeister-in-chief.
>
> And you have stats to the contrary?

	Just talk to an Oracle sales consultant.

	Linux just isn't blunting Microsoft's move into server
business that would otherwise be marginal at best. Linux is
blunting Microsoft's move into serious enterprise computing
that would otherwise allow Micrsoft to charge kilobucks per
cpu for it's software.

--

	Nothing today, likely nothing since we tamed fire,
	is genuinely new: culture, like science and              |||

				 Judge Alex Kozinski
				 US Court of Appeals
				 9th Circuit