Re: Microsoft Encourages Use Of OSS/Linux in Mainframes

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft Encourages Use Of OSS/Linux in Mainframes
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 4 Oct 2006 11:46:19 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> IBM Simplifies Mainframe Software
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Lately, IBM has tried to keep mainframes attractive by encouraging
> | computing administrators to run open-source software and other
> | lightweight programs on mainframes.
> `----
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061004/ibm_mainframes.html?.v=2

- "Microsoft Encourages Use Of OSS/Linux in Mainframes" - Microsoft
does no such thing. As a matter of fact the article doesn't even
mention Microsoft one single time.

Seems to me that you're obsessed with Microsoft and have Microsoft on
the brain.

Also... this article is not about IBM encouraging OSS/Linux on
mainframes. Linux is NEVER mentioned in the article either. This
article is about IBM simplifying mainframe management by adding things
such as GUI interfaces in order to move away from the archiac CLI.