Re: [News] Tesco Pwned by Microsoft?

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Wednesday 04 October 2006 19:09 \__

http://www.forbes.com/2006/09/28/bbc-microsoft-internet-cx_cn_0928bbc.html?partner=yahootix
>> http://tinyurl.com/j5pn7
>>
>> I'd hate to see these companies and bodies run by one of the most corrupt
>> companies in the world, which also pulls money overseas.
>
>  If the BBC are trusting some things to M$, they may have to start digging
> out the old "Interlude" captions from the 1960's again, for when things go
> pear shaped!
>  BBC announcer "We're sorry for the BSO...er...technical hitch, & are
> trying to get your picture back as soon as possible. Meanwhile here is an
> Interlude."
> http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/bbccontinuity/bbc1continuity1960s.html

I was more worried about control over content, as well as bias...

Bill Gates lends cash to buy newspapers

$350 million to MediaNews

,----[ Quote ]
| Gates involvement has been very behind the scenes. In fact many of
| those involved in the deal didn'teven know he was one of the investors.
| It was carried out through the Gates Foundation, the world's largest
| philanthropy outfit.

Faux news is manipulated in quite the same way. Software politics and
national politics have some common features.