Re: Sometimes Microsoft users gets on my nerves

__/ [ Luigi ] on Wednesday 04 October 2006 18:15 \__

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev:
>>__/ [ Luigi ] on Wednesday 04 October 2006 17:31 \__
>>
>>> I've been  using Linux for almost three months, and i absolutely
>>> love it.
>>>
>>> I work in a PC hotline company, where I help clueless lusers with
>>> their Microsoft problems, which isn't few, sigh...
>>>
>>> Sometimes they just get on my nerves with their technical
>>> inability. F.e. last month a guy I talked to didn't know the
>>> difference between the screen and the computer. He asked, if it
>>> was the box or the screen that contained the RAM...
>>>
>>> I've tried to convince my grandma to use Linux. She only use
>>> computer to write letters and the print only to send with
>>> snail-mail. But she just say, that I don't have to bother.
>>> Though, I made her a little worried by telling her about
>>> spy-ware. No she actually belive, that hackers can connect to her
>>> computer which is OFF the internet, HAHA.
>>
>>Hey, Luigi. Have a look.
>>
>>Ubuntu for your grandmother.
>
> Hello Roy, do you use Ubuntu too? I doo, and it is truly a
> mind opening expirience to get to know the difference between
> closed software and open software.

I primarily use SUSE, but the underlying system is the same. I used Ubuntu
for about a year at work.

> Ubuntu is a swhahili term, that mean to share and love your
> fellow men.

...and women.

> Linux is a way to express love and sharing - something that
> Microsoft could never do...

Loving and sharing, eh?

Microsoft loves...

        * waste

        * your bank account

        * public ignorance and blind compliance

        * to lie

Microsoft enables users to share...

        * viral DRM

        * proprietary formats

        * viruses

        * etc

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "The speed of time is one second per second"
Cpu(s):  22.9% user,   3.2% system,   0.9% nice,  72.9% idle