Re: [News] Firefox flaw overrated

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 04 October 2006 06:59 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> arachnid <none@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 10:12:23 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> What happened to "it's impossible to patch"? Or "one can commandeer any
>>> Mac, Linux, or Windows machine"? Sounds to me as thought they were
>>> posing. Humour is only a lame excuse.
>>
>> Windows I could believe. With Linux or OS-X, all a firefox hole would
>> gain them is user-level access.
>>

> Ho ho ho ho, I smell the blood of Redmond money.

I guess that beast of Redmond has no blood, so money is where it stores its
life reserves. It's amazing how often they get away from illegal prctices by
paying for damages that only hurt them in the short term (c/f Netscape,
RealNetworks). As Ballard says, Microsoft perceives itself as an entity that
is above the law. It seems as though the employees cannot be jailed, so it's
a game of "offend, get slapped on the wrist and then carry on as usual".
Frankly, I think the EU and Korea have had enough of this.