[News] Could OpenOffice Security Accusations Be Just Another Hoax or FUD?

OpenOffice.org Spurns Security Worries

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenOffice.org has rejected accusations that its open-source
| application suite is at least as susceptible to attack as Microsoft's
| Office in a terse statement posted on its Web site.
|
| "The OpenOffice.org community confirms it regards security as of the
| highest importance and will react immediately to any security issues,"
| the statement read.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20061003/tc_cmp/193101143

This article is new, but here is some context:

Claimed security hole in Firefox "just a joke"

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.heise-security.co.uk/news/78970